Iber includes the following mesh generation methods:
- Structured and non-structured meshes (coupled)
- Triangulated irregular mesh generated using the chordal error
- Meshes based on RTIN (Rectangular Triangulated Irregular Network), generated using the chordal error
- Regular mesh directly generated from a DTM (Digital Terrain Model)
- GDAL library for mesh importation and generation
For these methodologies, a Digital Terrain Model in arc / Info ASCII format is required as baseline information. Furthermore, several mesh format can be directly imported too.